Choosing The Best Nail Polish Colours For Summer
There are some great shades of nail polish which are just fantastic for summer and I have some great tips about colours which are just made to be worn with a tan (whether it comes from your Mediterranean holidays or from your summer glow body lotion). Wearing these shades will certainly brighten up your summer days, whether the sun shines or the rain comes down and will enhance your outfits - be careful of clashing colours though!
Here are some great nail polish colours:
- Tangerine - this is brilliant with bright summer clothes, bikinis and a tan - it looks great with lots of different colours so its pretty versatile to mix and match holiday outfits with.
- True red - nothing looks more classic than pillar-box red painted nails peeping out from the latest sandals - just make sure your nails are neatly manicured as nothing looks more nasty than ragged or long toenails painted in a bright colour.
- Hot Pink - this "look at me" shade has regained popularity this season with many of the stars in Hollywood sporting the colour.
- Coral - always a favourite, again this shade looks fabulous with a tan, especially on the toes.
- Baby Pink - always delicate and cute, again worn with a tan, highlights the nails and gives a very flattering appearance to shorter nails.
- Bronze - this is a great summer colour, especially for toes which are clad in fashionable, gladiator style sandals.
- Blue - brighter shades of the darker blues worn for winter can look fantastic with the right outfit - I would suggest on toes with silver sandals.
- Fuschia - brilliant as it makes a statement but its also girly and looks fantastic on shorter, square nails.
Whichever shade you choose just follow these simple rules for success:
- Make sure your nails are neat, filed and smooth before applying any polish and preferably apply a nail polish base to avoid staining your nails.
- Check the colour doesn't clash with the outfit you are wearing.
- If possible use a top coat as well over your nail polish as this will help avoid chips and cracks.
Happy painting and polishing - here are a few polishes I have found in some brilliant summer shades.